Nigerian Minister of Science and Technology Visits MoST
Israeli Ambassador Pays Courtesy Visit to MoST
The pocket sized fuel cell that uses water and salt to ensure your phone never runs out of power
World Intellectual Property Day
የሽልማት ውድድር ማስታወቂያ
H.E. Dr.-Ing. Getahun Mekuria Kuma has been appointed as the new Minister for Science and Technology beginning the 1st of November 2016. The appointment is part of Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn's cabinet reshuffle that came in the first week of November.
H.E. Dr.-Ing. Getahun has served the Ministry for the past two years as State Minister and Director General. Previously, H.E. Dr.-Ing. Getahun worked for the Addis Ababa Institute of Technology of Addis Ababa University in different academic and management capacities. He earned his BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering from Addis Ababa University. He completed his PhD degree in the same field at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. The appointment of H.E. Dr.-Ing. Getahun as the Minister for Science and Technology is expected to galvanize the transformation process that the Ministry has already embarked on.
FDRE, Ministry of Science and Technology invite all interested eligible Bidders (BC/GC Grade 1) by this National Competitive Bid (NCB) for the procurement of construction of Gifted and Talented Ethiopian School [GATES] Buildings at BURAYU.
- The Ministry invites all registered contractors of category BC/GC 1 with renewed license valid for the year 2009 Ethiopian calendar, VAT certificate, trade license, registration certificate and tax clearance attached with qualification document for furnishing the necessary labor, material, equipment and service for the construction of School building.
- Interested and eligible bidders can purchase bidding document from FDRE, Ministry of Science and Technology Head office, procurement directorate, 3rd floor, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia up on submission of written application and non-refundable fee of Eth birr 2,000.00 (Birr Two Thousand). Bidders must submit on the 30th day at 02:00 pm after this announcement of bid and submission venue shall be at FDRE, Ministry of Science and Technology Head office, procurement directorate, 3rd floor, Addis Ababa. In case if the 30th day is Holyday it will be submitted and opened on the next working day at the same place and time.
- The qualification document will be opened on the same day of bid submission date at 02:30 pm on the presence of tender committee and bidders or legal representative who represented by the bidder at the Ministry Hall ground floor.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in an acceptable form of unconditional Bank guarantee or certified CPO of Birr 500,000.00 (Birr Five Hundred Thousand) valid for 120 days after the date of bid opening and must be addressed to the project owner/ employer.
- The bid security shall be waxed sealed, stamped and signed in separate envelop marked “Bid Security” and shall be put in the original qualification document.
- The validity of the Bid shall be 120 days from the date of bid opening.
- The Client (Ministry of Science and Technology) reserves the right to reject any or all bids without incurring any liability.
Tel:+251 1 126 53 78